[GSM-WG] About synchronous srmLs with offset and count

Alex Sim asim at lbl.gov
Wed Oct 14 13:02:18 CDT 2009

spec does not really say how ls request is handled for changing
information, but this can be handled with the asynchronous call.   Two
possible ways with this case: One, upon srmLs request, get the snapshot
of the path at the time, and return to the client by the offset/count,
and subsequent srmLs status call can return the rest of the contents by
offset/count - being asynchronous.   Two, upon srmLs request, get just
as many as server/client can handle and return to the client by
offset/count, and on the next srmLs status call or different srmLs call
with different offset/count, return to the client that portion. The
second approach cannot really handle the changing information, and
second call may even get some information that was already passed in the
first call.

If you want to know how it's implemented currently, bring it up to the
implementation mailing list.

-- Alex