[gsa-rg] Slide for the steps of Grid scheduler interaction

Ramin Yahyapour ramin.yahyapour at udo.edu
Wed Jul 19 04:36:15 CDT 2006

Dear Ignacio,

thanks for the input.
I already have some questions about your model.

In your picture, GRAM, RFT, MDS are the key interfaces.

However, through which interface do you do the actual scheduling.
That is, based on which information and which interaction
do you make a decision when and where an action is performed.
Is this solely done through the information from MDS?

As the local RMs usually have their own schedules, I am interested on
how you make the determination when a resource will be available in
the future. Whether you use any kind of reservations?
And if yes, how do you interact with a remote scheduler about the
"timing" of this reservation. This usually considered essential for
workflows and co-allocation of resources, like data, storage, bandwidth etc.

Ramin

Dr.-Ing. Ramin Yahyapour         | mailto:Ramin.Yahyapour at uni-dortmund.de
University of Dortmund           | phone: (+49) 0231/755-2735
IRF-IT                           | mobil: (+49) 0179/5261973
44221 Dortmund / Germany         | fax:   (+49) 0231/755-3251