[gsa-rg] Confession and status

Philipp Wieder ph.wieder at fz-juelich.de
Mon Aug 8 07:19:05 CDT 2005

Dear All,

unfortunately I have to confess that the ASCII file which should
comprise the GGF14 minutes is empty. Sorry for that. Fortunately memory
serves well and the actions are not lost.

Ad 1. The use case document (see
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/gsa-rg/document/GridSchedulingUseCasesV1.3.doc/en/1)
has been updated again and now includes the Calana use case submitted by
Mathias. In addition we added a brief section with common Grid
scheduling usage patterns. This should help people to get an idea where
their use case fits in. Please comment on the document since we plan to
submit it to the public comment soon.

Ad 2. Service requirements document
Due to the unpleasant fact reported above we do not have the list who
took the responsibility for what service, but we still remember who
volunteered:
- Mathias
- Rion
- Soonwook
- Wolfgang
Could all of you please confirm that and say which service(s) you
volunteered to take care of. This would help very much to continue with
the document.

In addition I would like to direct your attention to a newly created GGF
group, the OGSA Resource Selection Services WG (see
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-rss-wg/). The GridForge page
is due to the short lifetime of the group still a preliminary one, but
you can follow the progress of the group via the ogsa-rss-bof at ggf.org
mailing list. Currently the group reviews the GSA use case document to
gather requirements for their work.

Best regards, Philipp.