[GRIDRPC-WG] Recharter?

Eddy Caron Eddy.Caron at ens-lyon.fr
Fri May 16 02:27:08 CDT 2008

Dear Yusuke,

Please find a new version (I add a date range about the download of
DIET). And I fixed few bugs due to coding systems (I see \200\232
characters).

And with Yves we have few comments

1.  "NetSolve is the most widely deployed and used." but the amount of
download for Ninf is more important ? Ok not on the same years but...
maybe the correct sentence is "NetSolve is widely  deployed and used"

2. About download of NetSolve again, " For the last three years, the
NetSolve website has logged the following number of downloads per
year: The number of downloads is 627 in 2000, 831 in 2001 and 1106 in
2002.", this sentence is not up-to-date, have you the log for 2005,
2006, 2007 (the current last three years) ?

3. "A recent download log file (containing only 676 downloads)" then
I'm not sure what means "recent" due to previous log ? 2003 or 2008 ?

4. About download of Ninf. "The Ninf-G group reports the cumulative
number of downloads since the first release of Ninf-G: 1325 in Ninf-
G2, 1132 in Ninf-G4, and 21 in Ninf-G5 at the end of April in 2008.".
But in cumulative way the number of download must be increase all the
time, isn't it ? You should remove the word "cumulative". Or update
your cumulative download respectively to 1325, 2457 and 2478 (but for
homogeneous results with  NetSolve and DIET I think it's better to
avoid the cumulative way).

Regards,
Eddy

Le 14 mai 08 à 06:12, Yusuke Tanimura a écrit :

> Dear all,
>
> I attach the latest recharter document to this e-mail.
>
> In this version, the summary was modified according to Steven's
> comment:
>> I feel your summary could be a bit shorter... say less about
>> what you have done and more about what you are going to do!
>> Also... are all of the points in the scope going to be covered
>> in a single document? If they are please make that clearer...
>> if the is going to be work that you are interested in doing
>> after the next document and partition up the goals a bit more.
>> Keep the things that you are not going to be doing... that's
>> good!
>
> If you have further comment or objection to any description
> in the document, please speak up.  If no comment or objection
> within a week, the document will be sent to AD.
>
> Thanks,

Eddy Caron. Mcf ENS Lyon
ENS Lyon - LIP - Projet GRAAL
46 Allee d'Italie, 69364 Lyon Cedex 07, France
E-Mail : Eddy.Caron at ens-lyon.fr
[ Tel : 04.37.28.76.46 ][ Web page : http://graal.ens-lyon.fr/~ecaron ]