[GRIDRPC-WG] Proposal for a Data Management API within the GridRPC

Eddy Caron Eddy.Caron at ens-lyon.fr
Mon Sep 17 07:32:22 CDT 2007

Le 28 août 07 à 09:38, Hidemoto Nakada a écrit :

> All,
>
> I'm so sorry for taking so much time to just merging document...
> I'm quite a novice on the 'MS Word'.
> here is the first version of the merged one.

Don't worry, we know that we have many other work to do in same time.

> I found several things to be addressed in the document.
>
> - function naming convention
>   the end user api uses
>    grpc_STRUCTURE-NAME_METHOD-NAME
>   style. I think, for users convenience, should be kept in the
>   middleware document.
>
> - constants
>   the constant values, such as 'PERSISTENT'  should be defined as
>   c macro, and have 'GRPC' as  prefix, to avoid conflicts with
> other modules.
>
> - document structure.
>   I've  just insert the data handle document  as the chapter 3.
>   while the array arguements are discussed in other chapters.
>   we have to reconsider it.
>
> - reference
>   I'm so novice that i do not know how to manage them. give me more
> time.

With Yves we work on a new version this week. We try to take into
account all these remarks and I manage the references.

> anyway, please take a look, and give us comments.
>
> i'd like to revise this at least once before the F2F meeting in
> Seattle.

Same goal. And we can give a talk around the data management part.

Regards,
Eddy
PS: We take into account comments given by Yusuke Tanimura too.
Thanks for your help.
Eddy Caron. Mcf ENS Lyon
ENS Lyon - LIP - Projet GRAAL
46 Allee d'Italie, 69364 Lyon Cedex 07, France
E-Mail : Eddy.Caron at ens-lyon.fr
[ Tel : 04.72.72.84.96 ][ Web page : http://graal.ens-lyon.fr/~ecaron ]