[GRIDRPC-WG] Proposal for a Data Management API within the GridRPC

Yusuke Tanimura yusuke.tanimura at aist.go.jp
Tue Sep 11 04:41:10 CDT 2007

Dear Eddy and all,

> 	Yes it's a latex version. We can convert in .doc if needed. With
> Yves Caniou we have corrected some part of the first version to take
> into account internal remarks from the GRAAL Team.
>
> New version available here (version 0.2):
>
> http://graal.ens-lyon.fr/~ecaron/GridRPC/GRPC_Data.pdf
>
> Source files are available here :
>
> http://graal.ens-lyon.fr/~ecaron/GridRPC/GRPC_Data_OGF21.tar.gz

The spec introduces several new error codes.  If we add
GRPC_INVALID_TYPE and GRPC_INVALID_MODE to the spec, both could be
returned in grpc_call() and grpc_call_async(), too, when the
argument data does not match to what the server program expects.

I feel because data transfer becomes more complicated, a function
to verify data types and etc. between senders and receivers would
be helpful for users.

Regards,

Yusuke Tanimura <yusuke.tanimura at aist.go.jp>
Grid Technology Research Center, National Institute of AIST
1-1-1 Umezono, Tsukuba Central 2
Tsukuba City 305-8568, Japan
TEL: +81-29-862-6703  / FAX: +81-29-862-6601