[GRAAP-WG] minutes from Sep 27 telecon

Karl Czajkowski karlcz at univa.com
Wed Sep 27 09:50:33 CDT 2006

We have been discussing interoperability issues in Globus, and one
thing that is glaringly obvious is that we have to revise many of our
WSDLs to support a new WS-Addressing specification, because the
explicit elements/type are used in, e.g., the factory-like operations.

Would it be worth loosening the WSDL here for WS-Agreement to have an
xsd:any "envelope" to hold the endpoints, and English text explaining
that a version of the WS-Addressing concept should be included?  This
would allow people to profile WS-Agreement for use in specific
implementation environments without requiring a modified version of
the WSDL.

At worst, I guess we'd need to add a resource property to list the
"supported addressing versions", e.g. element or type QNames, and
maybe an extra factory extension element to express the client's
restricted set of acceptable EPR versions for the newly created
Agreement resource (in case the deployed service can handle more than
one version)...

What do you guys think?

karl

--