[graap-wg] url for the Web Services Policy WG in W3C

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Wed Jul 5 05:20:28 CDT 2006

Asit,

Thank you for the detailed response.

I am not objecting to aligning WS-Agreement to other standard WS specs.
My objection is specific to the status of WS-Policy. Simply put, we
think that standards should build on standards. Not on drafts, public or
otherwise. WS-Policy has been submitted to the W3C (a good thing) but
this is just the beginning of the standardization process for that spec.
Can anyone claim that the final product of the WS-Policy WG will be
exactly the same as this initial submission? For me this out weighs any
benefit that might be obtained from making a point that should be
obvious to people familiar with the specifications anyway.

I would like to see the WS-Agreement specification, which already has a
number of implementations, published. It's been in draft mode too long.

Andreas

--
Andreas Savva
Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd