[graap-wg] Telecon on 3/21

Toshiyuki Nakata nakata at mtg.biglobe.ne.jp
Mon Mar 21 04:31:26 CST 2005

Karl Czajkowski wrote:

> On Mar 21, Toshiyuki Nakata loaded a tape reading:
>
>>Thank you very much for the announcement.
>>I'll be atttending but would have to leave early (7:40..)
>>I can supplement what Wolfgang wrote in the minutes of GGF13, but
>>most of it's already there so not much to add.
>>
>>The other big issue would be the OGSA-BES and EMS
>>Best Regards
>>Toshi
>>

> My impression is that it is an uphill battle to convince the OGSA-BES
> group to consider seriously using WS-Agreement, while they all seem
> clear on the idea of using JSDL.  I think this is due to several
> facts:

I talked with several people @GGF13.

1)If you loook at the two layered picture of Agreeement Services and the
lower level, Real services (Such as Job submission etc), My
understanding is BES has to deal with the Serive layer beneath the
Agreement Factory layer.

2)On the other hand EMS has to look into what is the relationship
between the Service Layer and the Agreement Layer.

Eg. Is the Job defined first in the Service Layer and an Agreement Layer
   has to encompass this or, Is the Job defined between the Service
Layer and the Agreement layer as a result of the CreateAgreement Operation.

There *ARE* open questions as these which someone has to address...

>   4) BES is supposed to fit EMS, and it is not clear EMS really has
>      an understanding where WS-Agreement could fit.

 From my undersatnding, EMS had been waiting for WS-Ag to get fixed.

I've also heard several semntimets from other projects...

>   5) Most groups are unclear on how we intend WS-Agreement to be used,
>      not really seeing the "generalized GRAM/GARA" history and perhaps
>      being confused by all the generic agreement, SLA,
>      etc. terminology into thinking it has to be a heavyweight process
>      involving human administrators.
>
> I think these last issues are the biggest concern for GRAAP-WG
> besides, obviously, getting the technical issues ironed out.  We need
> to figure out how to market all these nifty ideas or we run the risk
> of producing a specification that will gather dust on the shelf.

Actually as I said before, several WGs /  projects are really waiting
for output from GRAAP-WG.

Best Reagards
Toshi..

--