[graap-wg] minutes from 2/28 telecon

Jon MacLaren maclaren at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Mar 1 09:26:54 CST 2005

I'll try and explain my original concern, although I'm pretty certain
after reading your mail that it is actually of no concern.

I was worried that someone could read the RP document while it was
half-way through being written.  I was thinking in terms of a chunk of
memory being written by one thread, as another tries a read.  But from
what you say, i.e. that the results will be valid according to the
schema, this is clearly not an issue.

Given that updates to the component parts of an RP are atomic in some
sense, I'm not aware of any coherence issues in the current
WS-Agreement spec.  Which is I guess what the comment from the telecon
was saying also.

Thanks for the clarification...

Jon.