[graap-wg] minutes from 2/28 telecon

Karl Czajkowski karlcz at univa.com
Mon Feb 28 21:57:58 CST 2005

On Feb 28, Jim Pruyne loaded a tape reading:
> All,
>
> Here are minutes from today's telecon.  We'll meet again next week at
> the usual time. Reminder to follow.
>
> --- Jim

Sorry, I missed the call due to a nasty cold w/ fever...

Was there any discussion of the overall plan or scope of activity for
the spec work?  My gut feeling is that there were a number of minor
points raised during the comment period but the three issues with the
biggest practical impact are:

  1) resolving the asynchronous/peer-to-peer messaging requirements

  2) and making sense of the termination issue

  3) understanding the Agreement lifecycle as it relates to these
     two problems

All of these have seen some discussion on the list, I know, but none
have had a clear conclusion. My meta-question is whether we are in
agreement that these should be addressed as possibly substantial edits
to the specification (if necessary)... I think these problems overlap
with some general specification "damage" which occurred when the
negotiation mechanisms were stripped out and the state model reduced.

I think we should try to get these things right and be open to the
possibility of a second comment period after the edits are complete.

Thoughts?

karl

p.s. of course there is also still a great need for a primer or other
layman's guide, but I am focusing on the eventual standard itself.

--
Karl Czajkowski
karlcz at univa.com