[graap-wg] asynchronous binding

Heiko Ludwig hludwig at us.ibm.com
Tue Feb 22 09:44:03 CST 2005

Karl,

on your issue with termination:

> I actually would question why we have a wsag:Terminate instead of just
> using the WS-ResourceLifetime mechanism.  I cannot see what value it
> adds or what would be different about the semantics. The text in the
> Agreement Context section is hardly convincing on this point. :-(
> Is it supposed to I am afraid I must have been absent during the time
> when this was decided...

I think we might be mixing semantics. There is a difference between the
lifetime of the agreement instance and the state of the agreement instance
to be observed. The terminate message is supposed to move the agreement
state to afterObserved while the WSRF lifetime addresses how long the
Agreement service is supposed to be around. We might argue that thi
sshould be the same but, in fact, I tend to think to keep it separate.

Heiko