[graap-wg] updated draft - signed agreements

Jon MacLaren maclaren at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Apr 4 16:28:19 CDT 2005

Hi Karl,

Last thread, I promise!

On the support for signed agreements, the extensibility point you have
provided is sufficient.    But, I'm worried that if the only thing in
the spec is this extensibility point, then no-one will ever implement
the signed agreement stuff.  (I note that the signing stuff isn't
domain specific; it could be supported regardless of the stuff that is
being agreed.)

I'd like to at least see some text showing how this could be supported.
  Does this belong in the specification, though?  Could some words be
added to the job submission example in the spec, when it is being
revised, stating what might happen with signing?

I just feel that if there's nothing in the spec then I'll be almost
back to square one.  I won't be able to get any implementation to sign
stuff, because the spec doesn't say how this should be done if it is
supported.  I'll have to go and write a bunch of stuff myself, and
won't get any real interoperability.

Jon.