[glue-wg] Test copy of GLUE 2.1 latest edited draft imported into GitBook

Paul Millar paul.millar at desy.de
Wed Sep 16 04:39:55 EDT 2020

Hi Alan,

On 11/09/2020 22:28, Sill, Alan wrote:
> We are making progress on learning to use GitBook for document
> production.
[...]
> The GitBook version of this test document is at the following link:
> https://open-grid-forum.gitbook.io/glue-2-1-test/

Found something amusing. In "04.-general-statements"
> As regards units of measure, multiples of bytes MUST refer to the SI
> (Le Système International d'Unités) prefix
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SI_prefix), therefore GB is 109 Bytes
> and not 230 Bytes (the latter are GibiBytes).
I was staring at 109, trying to figure out how 1,000,000,000 had morphed
into 109.

The "109 Bytes" *should* have been "10^9 Bytes", and "230 Bytes" should
have been "2^30 Bytes".

I've created an issue:

https://github.com/OpenGridForum/OGF-GLUE-2.1-test/issues/1

And a proposed (but untested) fix is here:

https://github.com/OpenGridForum/OGF-GLUE-2.1-test/pull/2

Cheers,
Paul.