[glue-wg] Test copy of GLUE 2.1 latest edited draft imported into GitBook

Sill, Alan Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Fri Sep 11 16:28:14 EDT 2020

We are making progress on learning to use GitBook for document production. It’s a bit of a manual process, but features have been improving and we have worked out a pretty straightforward importing process.

I've taken the latest draft I could find with edits suggested by Jens’s and Björn's feedback posted here: https://redmine.ogf.org/boards/43/topics/506?r=522 (cf. Shiraz’z notes from the
GLUE WG teleconference, Tuesday, November 12, 2019 sent November 13, 2019) and built a test document in Word to use for import testing. Note in this test document, I have accepted all changes and suppressed comments; we can start from another version if desired. Note also that GitBook has its own branching and merging functions as well as the ability to edit, and there is an integration that we have turned on to GitHub that should allow for pull requests and issues in addition to the GitBook draft and merge functionality.

The GitBook version of this test document is at the following link:
    https://open-grid-forum.gitbook.io/glue-2-1-test/

This should be readable by anyone and editable by anyone in the GitBook OGF-GLUE team from within GitBook.

The GitHub synchronized copy is at the following link:
    https://github.com/OpenGridForum/OGF-GLUE-2.1-test

The navigation there is by “slug” (the page/section label used within GitBook) and so the document does not display as prettily in GitHub, but should be navigable and suitable for branching, editing, and pull requests as well as discussion of issues in the GitHub setting. this repository is readable and clone-able by anyone in the OGF-GLUE GitHub team (https://github.com/orgs/OpenGridForum/teams/ogf-glue/members) which at this point is different from the GitBook teams. but I or JP should be able to add members with write or other levels of editing and maintaining privileges to either team, or both.

Documentation on use of GitBook is available at the following link.

    https://docs.gitbook.com

Please try this out (you won’t be harming anything permanent as this is a test copy) and let me know if we can do anything further to help move the GLUE group to this new document production process.

Thanks,
Alan