[glue-wg] New class and attributes for GLUE 2.1/cloud extensions

Baptiste Grenier baptiste.grenier at egi.eu
Fri Oct 13 06:30:09 EDT 2017

Dear all,

Please find here a proposition for the creation of a new clas and some
attributes to replace the use of OtherInfo to represent some usefull
cloud-related information. We would like to discuss this with you in
order to integrate it in the GLUE2.1 draft as soon as possible.

The names should be quite self explanatory, please let me know if you
need any clarification.

Best regards,
Baptiste

## For CloudComputingEndpoint

* GLUE2CloudComputingEndpointAuthentication
 * EndpointAuthentication_t
   * New type
   * Mandatory
   * Open enumeration
     * Default Values: X509-VOMS, OIDC ?
 * Replacing:
   * GLUE2EntityOtherInfo : Authn=X509-VOMS

## For CloudComputingImage

* GLUE2CloudComputingImageDescription
  * New type
  * Mandatory
  * String
  * Replacing:
    * GLUE2EntityOtherInfo: description:Image for TinyCoreLinux

* GLUE2CloudComputingImageVersion
  * New type
  * Mandatory
  * String
  * Replacing:
    * GLUE2EntityOtherInfo version:XXX

* ContextualizationName_t
  * Existing type, just need to update default values
  * Open enumeration
  * Default Values: cloudinit (without a -), bash
    * Changing cloudinit to cloud-init (official name)

* GLUE2CloudComputingImageNetworkInput / GLUE2CloudComputingImageNetworkOuput
  * Used to represent communication ports used/required/exposed by the image
  * Custom objectClass: NetworkTraffic
  * Optional
  * Can be specified multiple times
  * Replacing:
    *  GLUE2EntityOtherInfo traffic-in:XXXXX
    *  GLUE2EntityOtherInfo traffic-out:XXXXX

  * ObjectClass NetworkTraffic
    * New object class
    * inheriting from Entity
    * under/related to CloudCompoutingImage