[glue-wg] New class and attributes for GLUE 2.1/cloud extensions

stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Nov 29 13:01:28 EST 2017

Baptiste Grenier [mailto:baptiste.grenier at egi.eu] said:
> Do you think that it would make sense to add something like
> Authorization in the same way?

Authz is via the Policy objects and the syntax can be fairly arbitrary, specified by the Scheme, so there probably shouldn't be a need to add anything.

> So I'm a bit unsure about how all those NetworkTraffic* attributes
> should be structured in a single object/type, at first I think we were
> planning to add a new NetworkTraffic_t type and use it for two new
> NetworkInput and NetworkOutput attributes but I'm not sure it is
> possible to have a structure made of custom types, so should we add a
> NetworkTraffic entity under something like the "Conceptual Model fo
> the Cloud Computing Service" and associate them to the image? Or
> should we define something else or somewhere else?

I'm not sure what you want to achieve, can you be more specific? The schema itself doesn't really have types anyway beyond string and integer. The basic limitation is that you can't have tables in objects, if you have more than one multivalued attribute in an object you can't connect them together because the order they come in is undefined, so if you want a table each row has to be a separate object. Also of course a single object can only have a single set of associations.