[glue-wg] New class and attributes for GLUE 2.1/cloud extensions

Baptiste Grenier baptiste.grenier at egi.eu
Mon Nov 27 12:08:57 EST 2017

Hi all,

So going back to this, I started to update the draft so that we will
have more concrete propositions to discuss and update and we can also
add comments to the doc to help with the discussions.

So I added Authentication in the base Endpoint and I added the
EndpointAuthentication_t type as open enumeration with 3 values: none,
x509 and oidc.
Do you think that it would make sense to add something like
Authorization in the same way?

I added Description (0..1) in the CloudComputingImage. And in the same
way, I added Version (0..1) in order to document the image version
(not the OS image version).

I added the NetworkTrafficProtocol_t type as open enumeration.
I added the NetworkTrafficDirection_t type as open enumeration but I
think that here we want to enforce usage of inbound or outbound (vs
bidrirectional) to ease the search.
I added the NetwrokTrafficAddressRange_t type, a string in CIDR format.
I added the NetworkTrafficPort_t type as a string and specified the
list of accepted formats (80 or 80,443 or 25000:25009)

So I'm a bit unsure about how all those NetworkTraffic* attributes
should be structured in a single object/type, at first I think we were
planning to add a new NetworkTraffic_t type and use it for two new
NetworkInput and NetworkOutput attributes but I'm not sure it is
possible to have a structure made of custom types, so should we add a
NetworkTraffic entity under something like the "Conceptual Model fo
the Cloud Computing Service" and associate them to the image? Or
should we define something else or somewhere else?

One last point, sorry, I don't know at all what the hell happend but
while I was adding some content the google doc crashed and asked me to
reload. But due to missing content I add to restore a previous version
from some minutes ago. And then I saw in the comments threads than
some very old suggestions from Salvatore Pinto were shown as rejected
by me (but I never did it), I tried to reload some previous version
from the same day but the comments did not change, so I manually
accepted them as they were looking all appropriate and I found better
to have them accepted than rejected and hidden, you should be able to
see them in the comments thread window. If you prefer someone can try
to revert to a previous version before my edit and if it fixes the
comment I can re-add the content I've been adding today (I've
downloaded exports).

Best,
Baptiste

--