[glue-wg] Glue 2.1 draft new version (0.5) - little modification

Alessandro Paolini alessandro.paolini at egi.eu
Thu Aug 24 03:55:47 EDT 2017

Hi Paolo, Marco,

what do you think about Stephen's remark?

Stephen, do you mean that syntax could create problems for making queries,
or other?

In my opinion we could have two options (the accelerator Type attribute is
already defined in the AcceleratorEnvironment class):

1) creating separate attributes for each accelerator type, in the
ComputingShare like:

FreeGPUAcceleratorSlots
UsedGPUAcceleratorSlots

FreeMICAcceleratorSlots
UsedMICAcceleratorSlots

FreeFPGAAcceleratorSlots
UsedFPGAAcceleratorSlots

and in the ComputingManager class like:

TotalGPUAcceleratorSlots
UsedGPUAcceleratorSlots

TotalMICAcceleratorSlots
UsedMICAcceleratorSlots

TotalFPGAAcceleratorSlots
UsedFPGAAcceleratorSlots

The question is: are these accelerator types the only ones expected to be
provided in the coming few years? If new ones will be provided by the
sites, they will not be represented, at least initially.

2) We use the already defined attributes for publishing the number of
accelerators in general, regardless the type

do you see any other option?

In both the cases, the data type AcceleratorSlot_t should be modified: it
would become simply a number, I suppose.

Cheers,
Alessandro

--
Dr. Alessandro Paolini