[glue-wg] NOTES: GLUE WG teleconference, Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Alessandro Paolini alessandro.paolini at egi.eu
Wed May 18 02:54:21 EDT 2016

Hi,

just a brief comment on the action:

>ACTION: We need to find the source to the GLUE 2.0 UML diagrams and a tool
for updating them to add Cloud (volunteer?)
 > If we fail to find the source we may need to recreate them because we
believe they are useful to have

I've asked Sergio (Andreozzi), he gave me this link
https://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf/glue-wg?folder_id=18 where there are files for
the glue 2.0 diagram (he stopped his collaboration after the glue 2.0 was
implemented) but we still miss the original files for the cloud computing
model diagrams.

Moreover Sergio seems to remember to have used this application for
producing the diagrams
https://www.visual-paradigm.com/download/community.jsp

cheers,
Alessandro

On 17 May 2016 at 18:10, Navarro, JP <navarro at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Participants: Alessandro Polini, Paolo Andreetto, David Meredith, Stephen
> Burke, JP Navarro
>
> Skype business didn’t work for everyone so we used Adobe Connect.
>
> 1) Enumerations: changes (10 minutes)
>   David mistakenly merged “org.opensciencegrid.htcondorce” into csv and
> will remove it
>   Approved addition of org.openstack.swift to complete the openstack set
>   Dave volunteered to “take on the enum work"
>
> 2) LDAP rendering: public comment is closed, discuss next steps
> 3) JSON rendering: continue rendering discussions, discuss next steps
>   Briefly discussed status
>   JP confirmed after the meeting that both documents were submitted for
> final publication in March
>   We are currently waiting for OGF to publish them
>
> 4) Cloud Extensions (45-60 minutes)
>   Alessandro presented slides with the proposed GLUE 2.1 Cloud Extensions:
>     https://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf/glue-wg?folder_id=6616
>   Some minor questions were raised during the presentation.
>   ACTION: We need to find the source to the GLUE 2.0 UML diagrams and a
> tool for updating them to add Cloud (volunteer?)
>   If we fail to find the source we may need to recreate them because we
> believe they are useful to have
>   ACTION: Alessandro will update the review GLUE 2.1 specification based
> on meeting feedback
>   We discussed taking a vote to make it into an official DRAFT
>   EGI would then implement a prototype for the FedCloud environment
> extracting information most likely from OpenStack and publishing in LDAP
> format
>   ACTION: Agreed that JP would seek an XSEDE review and comments on the
> specification.
>   ACTION: JP will contact OGF leadership on whether we should share our
> Cloud work with an other active OGF groups
>   Future official approval of GLUE 2.1 would occur after the specification
> is revised based on prototype lessons learned
>

> Regards,
>
> JP

Dr. Alessandro Paolini
Operations Officer - EGI.eu
Science Park 140
1098 XG Amsterdam
The Netherlands
skype: alessandro.paolini.egi
"I believe in the power of laughter and tears"
    "as an antidote to hatred and terror"
          "A day without laughter"
             "is a wasted day" >>> Charlie Chaplin