[glue-wg] NOTES: GLUE WG teleconference, Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Navarro, JP navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 17 12:10:19 EDT 2016

Participants: Alessandro Polini, Paolo Andreetto, David Meredith, Stephen Burke, JP Navarro

Skype business didn’t work for everyone so we used Adobe Connect.

1) Enumerations: changes (10 minutes)
  David mistakenly merged “org.opensciencegrid.htcondorce” into csv and will remove it
  Approved addition of org.openstack.swift to complete the openstack set
  Dave volunteered to “take on the enum work"

2) LDAP rendering: public comment is closed, discuss next steps
3) JSON rendering: continue rendering discussions, discuss next steps
  Briefly discussed status
  JP confirmed after the meeting that both documents were submitted for final publication in March
  We are currently waiting for OGF to publish them

4) Cloud Extensions (45-60 minutes)
  Alessandro presented slides with the proposed GLUE 2.1 Cloud Extensions:
    https://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf/glue-wg?folder_id=6616 <https://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf/glue-wg?folder_id=6616>
  Some minor questions were raised during the presentation.
  ACTION: We need to find the source to the GLUE 2.0 UML diagrams and a tool for updating them to add Cloud (volunteer?)
  If we fail to find the source we may need to recreate them because we believe they are useful to have
  ACTION: Alessandro will update the review GLUE 2.1 specification based on meeting feedback
  We discussed taking a vote to make it into an official DRAFT
  EGI would then implement a prototype for the FedCloud environment extracting information most likely from OpenStack and publishing in LDAP format
  ACTION: Agreed that JP would seek an XSEDE review and comments on the specification.
  ACTION: JP will contact OGF leadership on whether we should share our Cloud work with an other active OGF groups
  Future official approval of GLUE 2.1 would occur after the specification is revised based on prototype lessons learned

Regards,

JP