[glue-wg] Getting GLUE2 LDAP published

Florido Paganelli florido.paganelli at hep.lu.se
Wed May 13 04:53:20 EDT 2015

Hi Alan,

On 2015-05-12 20:00, navarro wrote:

>> On May 12, 2015, at 12:42 PM, Sill, Alan <alan.sill at ttu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> The main points are that (a) Schemas referred to in OGF documents as normative for a specification should always be available for any published document, and (b) we would prefer that the location of the schemas be under OGF control, primarily to ensure access and continued availability for the OGF community, even if individual people leading or within the groups move on.
>
> Alan,
>
> Agreed, and the GLUE WG is doing this.
>
> JP

Exactly. My questions were more political, i.e. if official documents
(be it a docx or an LDAP schema file) should or should not contain
references to external repositories such as github, because we're about
to post one that contains it.

We've always been putting the final official approved version in
schemas.ogf.org, as JP said. I will add the choosen schemas.ogf.org URL
to the schema file as well.

Cheers,
Florido
 Florido Paganelli
   ARC Middleware Developer - NorduGrid Collaboration
   System Administrator
 Lund University
 Department of Physics
 Division of Particle Physics
 BOX118
 221 00 Lund
 Office Location: Fysikum, Hus B, Rum B313
 Office Tel: 046-2220272
 Email: florido.paganelli at REMOVE_THIShep.lu.se
 Homepage: http://www.hep.lu.se/staff/paganelli