[glue-wg] GLUE WG teleconference, Tuesday, March 10, 2015

JP Navarro navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 6 12:03:08 EST 2015

Greetings GLUE WG,

Our next GLUE WG teleconference will be:
: Tuesday, March 10, 2015
: 15:30-17:00 Central Europe, 9:30-11:00 AM US Central

NOTE: Due to the US Daylight Savings time change this weekend, this meeting will be at the usual time in Europe BUT one hour later than usual in the US.

We will try this teleconference and screen sharing tool:
: Web: https://meet.illinois.edu/herrio/V57YV10Q
:  --> Cancel login dialog, click guest "Sign in here instead", enter name, click "Join the meeting"
: Phone: 1-888-983-3631, International 1-217-332-6338 or 1-312-994-8410
: Conference ID: 6759150

As a fall back we also have:
: Web: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/ogf-glue-wg/ (Adobe Connect)
: Login as Guest using your real name

Meeting materials folder:
: http://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf/glue-wg?folder_id=6588

Proposed agenda with previous meeting notes:

1) LDAP rendering: public comment is closed, discuss next steps
Previous:
> Action: Florido will send LDAP schema to merge into document, recommend publish path
> Action: JP/Shiraz will merge Florido's 9/2/2014 comments, LDAP document and release for public comment
> Agreed that we would publish the LDAP compiled schema at a specific URL
> Action: JP to confirm schemas.ogf.org versus www.ogf.org/schemas/ (prefer schemas.ogf.org)
> CONFIRMED that we can use schema.ogf.org/ to publish LDAP and JSON schema
> We do not think there will be technical conflicts for XML, LDAP, and JSON schemas co-existing under the same URL namespace.
> http://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.84.pdf defines standard XML namespace. OGF doesn't have equivalent standards for LDAP or JSON.
> Schema will be published as "*.schema.ldap"
> Shiraz/JP review our main wiki page and make sure there are links to all the published schemas.

2) Enumerations: approve enumerations process document
Previous:
> Florido posted script to merge, it's on Github.
> David volunteers to help manage enumerations, including add missing enumerations.
> We need define the enumerations described in GFD.147.
> ACTION: Warren will post proposed job state enumerations from XSEDE
> ACTION: David/Warren/Shiraz will explore Git tools/ pull requests for maintaining enumerations and propose changed enumeration management process documentation

3) Cloud Extensions: Do we have champions to move forward with GLUE 2.1?
Champions:
  Francisco Brasileiro and Abmar Barros from Federal University of Campina Grande - www.ufcg.edu.br
  Peter Solagna and anyone else from EGI?
Previous:
> Our next meeting on November 25 will focus on GLUE 2.1 Cloud changes
> We discussed extensively what we mean by compatibility between GLUE 2.0 and 2.1.
> No conclusion reached and needs to be further discussed.
> We didn't have time to discuss Paul's proposal to add a View attribute in 2.1
> David will explore pricing policies in the context of GLUE2 and OGF SLA (WS-Agreement, GRAP) working group
> Terminology: Call this GLUE 2.1 specification, 100% compatible with 2.0 with additional optional cloud extensions

4) JSON: continue rendering discussions, discuss next steps.
Previous:
> JSON schema is ready for WG review before release for public comment.
> ACTION: Warren will post schema pointer to the working group this week, we will vote on 25th to release for public comment.
> Moved to release for public comment after correcting schema reference URL.
> XSEDE is implementing JSON GLUE2
> David funding supports his work on XML and JSON
> UNICORE implementing REST services and may implement JSON if their is a need
> Shiraz/JP will review wiki page for tools and/or deployments

5) Future meetings
Should we meet at OGF44 co-located with the EGI Conference 2015 May 18-22, 2015, in Lisbon, Portugal?

Regards,

JP and Shiraz