[glue-wg] Enumerations from ARC/NorduGrid required to be on git-hub

Florido Paganelli florido.paganelli at hep.lu.se
Fri Mar 6 11:59:56 EST 2015

Hi all,

I got a ticket for a couple of enumerations belonging to ARC that were
evaluated as non-existent. As some of you know the GLUE2 validator ran
by EGI and developed by the BDII team couldn't benefit of the
enumerations on git-hub since that listing is not complete. (thanks JP
for the minutes btw :D )
This is now bouncing back to the software I maintain because the
validator complains that the InterfaceName strings my collaboration
added four years ago are  not known. So they are, because they're not in
GFD.147 and they never made it to git-hub.

Having to put my hands on that again, I'll try to contribute a bit
better. Some of you might remember that I had a long list of
clashing open enumerations (i.e. multiple enumerations that identify the
same software/component/interface) that we never sorted out.

Since I need to fix this for my collaboration I can find and approach to
sort out the others as well.

Regarding how we do this, I seemed to remember David wanted to propose
a protocol similar to the one I wrote but more based on pull requests on
git-hub instead of writing to the group.
We can try to implement it for this round if he feels like,
that is, I will put down the list of stuff I had and try to merge it
with what is it on git-hub, and perform a git pull request to the group
repo. Let's see if it makes it easier to perform the procedure.

David do you have any sugestion how I should proceed otherwise?

Regarding the clashing names, I will take them aside from the pull
request and see if I can sort it out some other way.

Cheers,
Florido
 Florido Paganelli
   ARC Middleware Developer - NorduGrid Collaboration
   System Administrator
 Lund University
 Department of Physics
 Division of Particle Physics
 BOX118
 221 00 Lund
 Office Location: Fysikum, Hus B, Rum B313
 Office Tel: 046-2220272
 Email: florido.paganelli at REMOVE_THIShep.lu.se
 Homepage: http://www.hep.lu.se/staff/paganelli