[glue-wg] When is data stale?

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Tue Apr 21 06:17:44 EDT 2015

Hi guys,

I am ;late to the party, but would like to comment on the 'validity'.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 8:03 PM, Paul Millar <paul.millar at desy.de> wrote:
> Hi JP,
>
> I'm still wondering whether there really are "intrinsic" Validity values, as
> Stephen seems to suggests.

I actually think that information remain valid forever.

  Monday, April 15 2015, 8pm : number of free nodes : 2126

That information item was created on Monday -- but it is still true
when I look at it on Tuesday (and thus is valid).  Now, the *current*
number of free nodes may have changed, of course, so the information
may not be *useful* anymore -- but that is something different.  If
information is useful is in the eye of the beholder, not of the
information provider.  A post-mortem statistics gatherer will find it
useful, an on-demand scheduler placing a job on Tuesday may not.

My $0.02, Andre.

--
99 little bugs in the code.
99 little bugs in the code.