[glue-wg] New version of GLUE 2.1 draft

Paul Millar paul.millar at desy.de
Mon Sep 8 11:38:02 EDT 2014

Hi all,

On 08/09/14 16:07, Paul Millar wrote:
> The alternative is remove SLA complete and do this outside of GLUE.
> There are languages for handling SLAs; since GLUE provides persistent
> IDs for all objects, these SLA languages should be usable with the GLUE
> ID as the subject.

I found the "languages for handling SLAs" I mentioned: it was the
GRAAP-WG, such as WS-Agreement:

	http://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.192.pdf

and "WS-Agreement Negotiation":

	http://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.193.pdf

Unfortunately, there seems to be a disconnect between GLUE and GRAAP: I
did a simple search for "GLUE" and found no mention in GFD.192.

I would have expected some linkage here; for example, GLUE describes a
set of objects and GRAAP describes the SLAs and how to negotiate them.

Perhaps we should drop them a friendly email...

Cheers,

Paul.