[glue-wg] glue2 cloud examples

Warren Smith wsmith at tacc.utexas.edu
Fri May 2 15:29:06 EDT 2014

Yep, we couldn't define a GLUE 3 in a short amount of time.

However, I'm not really for formalizing what you've described as GLUE 2.1. If we want to make it an official new version of GLUE, I would push to use the existing GLUE 2 entities wherever possible and just use the extension points in those entities instead of defining new entities (as I did in my approach).

A better strategy may be to call what you are working on "EGI Cloud Extensions to GLUE 2.0" or something - a profile that describes how you use GLUE 2 to describe clouds in EGI. This would let you move forward with some input from the working group, but without needing approval from the working group. We could also see how your cloud profile works and how well my a cloud profile works, without trying to merge them now. We could use this information when we start work on GLUE 3.

Warren