[glue-wg] New Endpoint and Service types

stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Mar 5 11:03:21 EST 2014

Maria Alandes Pradillo [mailto:Maria.Alandes.Pradillo at cern.ch] said:
> I don´t have the answer to these questions since I´m not a
> Data Management expert. Is the WG normally following up this
> type of things with the relevant experts? Or how do you
> normally proceed to take a decision?

In general, new types should be proposed by the experts so they can explain what they mean! In the particular case of storage systems where we have several different implementations, at least DPM, dcache and storm publishing GLUE 2, it seems to me that it would be better if the experts from each of those could reach an agreement between themselves, rather than expecting the GLUE WG to arbitrate. At any rate most of the published values will be common between different implementations so it isn't simply a question of accepting proposals from one of them.