[glue-wg] New Endpoint and Service types

Florido Paganelli florido.paganelli at hep.lu.se
Mon Mar 3 11:04:06 EST 2014

Hi Bartok, Stephen

On 2014-03-03 15:08, stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk wrote:
> Bartosz Bosak [mailto:bbosak at man.poznan.pl] said:
>> Could you check if new ServiceTypes/EndpointInterfaceNames for the QCG middleware have been registered in GLUE 2? Now we have some time > and we would like to move forward with the implementation of our publishers for BDII...
>
> I haven't seen anyone disagree with them. None of the names are in use, and the org.qcg names are your own name space anyway.

I agree  with Stephen

> org.oasis.notification is something which could potentially be relevant to other people, but assuming that it's just a vanilla implementation of a standard I don't see that it would be controversial. Unless anyone has a strong objection now I'd suggest that you go ahead with your implementation.

regarding this
>> org.oasis.notification - OASIS WS-Notification standard

If you refer to this one

  https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=wsn

then you should not request for an interfacename yourself, but the
people in oasis should, or at least you should ask them for blessing. At
least this is how I see it, since there is no written rules.

In short, we can add it but be aware that oasis people might request to
change it to their taste one day.

I guess I should add these myself to the lists online...

Cheers,
Florido
 Florido Paganelli
   ARC Middleware Developer - NorduGrid Collaboration
   System Administrator
 Lund University
 Department of Physics
 Division of Particle Physics
 BOX118
 221 00 Lund
 Office Location: Fysikum, Hus B, Rum B313
 Office Tel: 046-2220272
 Email: florido.paganelli at REMOVE_THIShep.lu.se
 Homepage: http://www.hep.lu.se/staff/paganelli