[glue-wg] NOTES: GLUE WG teleconference, Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Navarro, John-Paul F. navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 17 14:47:41 EDT 2014

Information on using Lync on Linux:
  http://geekyschmidt.com/2013/05/18/microsoft-lync-on-linux

> Meeting materials folder:
> : http://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf/glue-wg?folder_id=6587
>
> Proposed agenda:
>
> 1) LDAP rendering: assess final wg comments and votes and perhaps forward for public comment
> Previous actions:
>> Action 1: Florido will send final schema to the list
>> Action 2: JP will merge schema into Appendix following XML example
>> Action 3: JP will add a reference to a standalone schema document in the LDAP rendering document
>> Action 4: JP/Shiraz will send out for final 1 week comment request to glue-wg
>> Action 5: JP/Shiraz will integrate comments and send out a 1 week vote request to glue-wg
>> Action 6: JP/Shiraz will confirm with OGF area lead if we need consensus or majority vote results
Action 1: Florido will coordinate with Maria to confirm that all the recommended testing was completed
Action 2: Once testing is complete, Florido will share a schema document without the release candidate lable
Action 3: JP/Shiraz will merge schema into rendering document, e-mail list to vote and approve document for release to public comment

> 2) Enumerations: approve enumerations process document
> Previous actions:
>> Agreed 1: Enumerations are case sensitive as defined by the schema entities that they describe
>> Agreed 2: Prohibit the use of multiple enumerations that only vary in case
>> Action 1: Florido will update document to reflect Agreed 1 & 2 and notify GLUE WG to review and provide feedback
>  odt: https://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf_files/13260?download=
>  pdf: https://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf_files/13261?download=
>> Action 2: GLUE WG to review Florido's revised
>> Action 2: At the next GLUE WG call we will vote on the updated document
We noted that this is a GLUE WG working document, and not a spec per-se, so we will be able change it and approve changes by simple agreement.
Action 1: Florido will accept changes and send the document to the list
Action 2: DONE: Shiraz/JP will create new versioned wiki pages to contain the material, 1.0 for current document that we will vote on, and 1.1 for the next version
  http://redmine.ogf.org/projects/glue-wg/wiki/Enumerations_procedures_and_best_practices_v10
  http://redmine.ogf.org/projects/glue-wg/wiki/Enumerations_procedures_and_best_practices_v11
Action 3: Florido will transfer content to new wiki pages, and notify Shiraz/JP
Action 4: Shiraz/JP will announce to the list that this is an official WG process document
Action 5: Florido will share Maria's enumeration request and associated discussion with the GLUE WG list

> 3) Cloud Extensions: compare benefits and disadvantages of both approaches
>> Plan discussion for next meeting.
Action 1: Shiraz/JP ask Andre and OGF steering committee for ideas on resolving two approaches supported by 1 community each

> 4) JSON: continue rendering discussions, discuss next steps.
>> Agreed 1: Use an Associations bag for association references
>> Agreed 2: All association references will use the "ID" suffix
>> We will continue JSON rendering discussion at next call.
Representing association, a to b, b to a, or both?
Option 1: schema allows both directions, rendering document identifies directionality rules that should be followed
Option 2: schema requires both directions
Option 3: schema requires one direction which we consider to be the best, and in few cases may require both directions (applying should rules in rendering document)
Option 4: schema requires one direction which we consider to be the best, the other direction is optional
We want to discuss this with David on the call.
Stephen pointed out that optional relations are ambiguous: if missing is there no relation or is it a missing relation?

> 5) Future meetings
> Next Teleconference
  Agreed to have next teleconference on July 1.
> OGF 41 sessions July 16-17
  Agreed to have two session at 3 PM UK, 4 PM Central Europe, 10-11:30 AM Eastern Wednesday and Thursday
  Florido vacation July 11-28

Regards,

JP and Shiraz