[glue-wg] Progress on LDAP schema

Florido Paganelli florido.paganelli at hep.lu.se
Wed Jun 4 07:43:00 EDT 2014

Hi all,

As a follow up from June 3rd's meeting, I corrected the schema with the
requested changes. All the entities but Entity are of type STRUCTURAL now.

To ease Paul and Maria's work, I resend the new schema changes and  in
   GLUE20.schema.20140603
   distro2.0rc5_diff_2.0rc7.changes

with a kind request of testing it with their latest software.

The complete version of the schema in the tarball can also be used
Shiraz and JP can integrate it into the LDAP realisation document. But
mind that I will change the version in the final content to put it in
the official git-hub (it is now 2.0rc7, I plan to change it to 2.0), so
we will need an additional
iteration.

The development schema is in my github:

  http://github.com/floridop/LDAPWIP

I will send a pull request to the OGF git-hub master repository when we
are sure this is final, and it will be publicly available on the
official OGF repository.

Cheers,
Florido

On 2014-05-08 17:57, Florido Paganelli wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Yesterday I tested the changes mandated by the new version of the LDAP
> document in a test environment and I didn't see any issue.
> I didn't see any bad error in slapd logs, and the objects that were
> affected by changes are published as expected.
>
> I attach the latest schema and kindly ask Maria and Paul to test the
> impact on their products:
>   GLUE20.schema.20140508
>
> A list of diffs between the current distributed version of the schema
> (2.0rc5) against the new version (2.0rc6) that is included in this email:
>   distro2.0rc5_diff_2.0rc6.changes
>
> I suggest you check them with some nice editor that colors things up so
> you can easily spot differences.
>
> I pushed the source schemas in my git-hub area temporarily, if we're
> fine with that I will push it to the official repos:
>
>    https://github.com/floridop/LDAPWIP
>

> I would say that we should put recommendations in the release notes that
> I added in the README files on git-hub. I didn't do it yet, but the
> issues I can imagine we should add are the following:
>
> 1) ABSTRACT classes to be in sync with XML realisation:
> Objects like Entity, Resource, Share, Policy have been declared ABSTRACT
> to be in sync with the XML schema. This means these cannot be
> instantiated as is; only their specialization can (i.e. Computing-
> Storage- or others like Benchmark etc.) are objects that can be published.
>
> 2) Boolean type changed to DirectoryString
> This means that if the boolean values that are mandatory in the schema
> are not defined, the information providers MUST publish them and MUST
> present the value "undefinedvalue"; GFD.147 Appendix B.17.
> These are:
> ExecutionEnvironment.ConnectivityIn
> ExecutionEnvironment.ConnectivityOut
>

> If you spot any problem, let me know.
>
> Regards,
> Florido

 Florido Paganelli
   ARC Middleware Developer - NorduGrid Collaboration
   System Administrator
 Lund University
 Department of Physics
 Division of Particle Physics
 BOX118
 221 00 Lund
 Office Location: Fysikum, Hus B, Rum B313
 Office Tel: 046-2220272
 Email: florido.paganelli at REMOVE_THIShep.lu.se
 Homepage: http://www.hep.lu.se/staff/paganelli