[glue-wg] VOTE by 8/1: GLUE 2.1 for describing cloud resources?

Florido Paganelli florido.paganelli at hep.lu.se
Tue Jul 29 05:48:12 EDT 2014

I vote for 2)

But as Stephen clearly stated, this is equivalent of voting for both. I
am, however, happier with a 2.1 extension of the current schema with
Cloud Entitites as already stated during meetings. I also quote David's
comments that basic original GLUE2.0 entities should be left untouched.

Cheers,
Florido

On 2014-07-23 17:36, JP Navarro wrote:
> GLUE Working Group:
>
> We have been discussing two options for using the GLUE schema to describe cloud services.  You may review these options here:
> - http://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf_files/13294?download=
>
> By August 1, please vote for one of the following options:
>
> 1) Use GLUE 2.0 with a Community Practice Profile that details how to describe cloud infrastructure using the existing 2.0 entities
> 2) Develop GLUE 2.1 adding new Cloud Computing entities (would be 100% backward compatible with GLUE 2.0 for non-Cloud entities)
>
> For reference, a preliminary GLUE 2.1 Specification is available here:
> - http://www.ogf.org/pipermail/glue-wg/2014-January/001527.html
>
> Regards,
>
> JP

 Florido Paganelli
   ARC Middleware Developer - NorduGrid Collaboration
   System Administrator
 Lund University
 Department of Physics
 Division of Particle Physics
 BOX118
 221 00 Lund
 Office Location: Fysikum, Hus B, Rum B313
 Office Tel: 046-2220272
 Email: florido.paganelli at REMOVE_THIShep.lu.se
 Homepage: http://www.hep.lu.se/staff/paganelli