[glue-wg] VOTE by 8/1: GLUE 2.1 for describing cloud resources?

david.meredith at stfc.ac.uk david.meredith at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Jul 29 04:18:03 EDT 2014

Hi all,
I would be in favour of adding new 2.1 cloud entities provided:

*	2.1 only adds new (cloud) implementations that are derived from the 2.0 abstract entities.
*	There are no changes to the 2.0 entities, especially no changes to the core abstract entities.

This is important for the XSD rendering (and other renderings too I imagine). For an XSD rendering, the new cloud entities would be defined using a new namespace defined in a separate XSD. The new cloud entities would need to extend the existing abstract BaseTypes defined by the 2.0 element inheritance mechanism.  An XML instance doc would still use the existing 2.0 '<GLUE2>' root element, and would import the new cloud entities to be nested under '<GLUE2>' using the existing SubstitutionGroup mechanism.  When validating an instance doc, both the 2.0 XSD and 2.1 cloud extensions XSD would be needed for validation (quite normal).

Thanks,
David