[glue-wg] Enumerations for DPM and related InterfaceNames was: Re: New Endpoint and Service types

Florido Paganelli florido.paganelli at hep.lu.se
Fri Apr 4 10:30:11 EDT 2014

Hi Stephen,

On 2014-04-04 16:13, stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk wrote:
> Maarten Litmaath [mailto:Maarten.Litmaath at cern.ch] said:
>> I suspect using capabilities would be better indeed, but there
>> exists plenty of legacy usage that selects on ServiceType.  For
>> example, an SE supporting the SRM protocol should publish a record
>> with GlueServiceType=SRM, while _GlueSEImplementationName_ may be
>> "DPM".
>
> The GLUE 1 ServiceType maps to the GLUE 2 EndpointInterfaceName, not
> the GLUE 2 ServiceType! So in GLUE 2 the *Endpoints* should still
> have a ImplementationName of
> SRM, but the ServiceType is new and hence open to definition.
>
> Stephen

Ok, I misunderstood that. This is very nice. So we're free to suggest
and set a new route.

Cheers,
Florido
 Florido Paganelli
   ARC Middleware Developer - NorduGrid Collaboration
   System Administrator
 Lund University
 Department of Physics
 Division of Particle Physics
 BOX118
 221 00 Lund
 Office Location: Fysikum, Hus B, Rum B313
 Office Tel: 046-2220272
 Email: florido.paganelli at REMOVE_THIShep.lu.se
 Homepage: http://www.hep.lu.se/staff/paganelli