[glue-wg] Enumerations for DPM and related InterfaceNames was: Re: New Endpoint and Service types

Maarten Litmaath Maarten.Litmaath at cern.ch
Fri Apr 4 07:24:57 EDT 2014

Hi Florido, all,

> If we look at the list of ServiceType_t in GFD.147, chapter B.31,
> you'll se that the third-level names there area all product names.

True.  It appears we have a precedent...

> So, if Stephen thinks that we should see dCache and DPM as a single
> Storage ServiceType_t, I can now say that I don't think we should.
>
> If the capabilities are the same, then discovery should be done on
> capabilities and NOT ServiceType_t IMHO. But this I said in many other
> various emails.

I suspect using capabilities would be better indeed, but there exists
plenty of legacy usage that selects on ServiceType.  For example,
an SE supporting the SRM protocol should publish a record with
GlueServiceType=SRM, while _GlueSEImplementationName_ may be "DPM".

http://www.eu-emi.eu/releases/emi-3-montebianco/products/-/asset_publisher/5dKm/content/dpm-2