[glue-wg] GLUE 2.0 JSON Rendering Document

david.meredith at stfc.ac.uk david.meredith at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Sep 17 05:37:57 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Yes I would like to contribute, especially as many of the core rendering design-issues were thrashed out during the design of the XML rendering which I think also directly apply to the JSON rendering.  We should therefore ensure the XML and JSON renderings fully complement each other, i.e:

- JSON object names should be the same as the XML element entities. I think this is mostly the case but we should be sure in terms of the ID references between objects (just need to sort Warren’s last public comment).

- We should emphasise why we use the flat structure rather than object nesting (i.e. exactly for the same reasons as in the XML rendering). In fact, we could copy/modify the relevant sections into the JSON doc.

- sure there are more to check

david

David Meredith
STFC eScience Centre