[glue-wg] GLUE WG teleconference, Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Florido Paganelli florido.paganelli at hep.lu.se
Tue Oct 22 05:51:27 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I didn't notice yesterday but I am a bit worried with JP's guidelines.

I think discussing topics just after Stephen's slides will give the
auditorium a biased view. I'd prefer to present my slides after his
ones, so the auditorium will get a feeling of the two views.

Then, of course will be easier to discuss, once everybody knows both
sides of story.
I would prefer people listen to both presentations and take notes during
the 22nd session, and have a dedicated discussion session on the 5th.

This is a request I am submitting to the group, because for a year I
submitted and implemented modifications to a draft that is now being
questioned for not being acceptable, so my one year of work following
this subject now (suprisingly) risks to be completely in vain.

The sad thing is that I don't really understand the reason, as we never
had a real discussion on the document itself, taking the changes one by one.

With all respect, I think is fair enough if I explain my points (that
is, the changes) *before* we discuss. I don't think Stephen's
presentation explains my choices. And I don't want to discuss if people
has no understanding of my point of view.

A final draft is the *real output* of these meetings, please bear that
in mind. Once a document is choosen, we will need to review that one. It
might be a merge of the two.

The final draft might trigger code modifications for implementors.
Please don't underestimate this as well.

Cheers,
Florido

On 2013-10-21 15:49, JP Navarro wrote:> Greetings Glue WG,

> Coordinates and agenda for tomorrow's GLUE WG teleconference follow:
> : Tuesday, October 22, 2013
> : 16:00-17:30 Central Europe, 10:00-11:30 AM US Eastern
>
> Teleconference and screen sharing:
> : https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/ogf-glue-wg/ (Adobe Connect)
> : Login as Guest using your real name
>
> Agenda:
> 1) Stephen will present the attached LDAP rendering slides.
>
> It is important that we get thru Stephen's material, and that we
understand it. Please limit your questions to requests for
clarification. Privately take note of significant concerns or
disagreements.  After Stephen's presentation we will use remaining time
to discuss concerns. If necessary we can move those discussion to the
e-mail list or a future next meeting.

> If after Stephen's presentation and subsequent concerns discussions
there is any time left, and participants can continue, we can discuss
material Florido would like to present.  In the likely event that we
don't have time we will schedule Florido's presentation for the November
5th meeting. We also have a "Cloud Extensions" discussion that will use
time on November 5th.

> Thanks,
>
> JP Navarro and Shiraz Memon

 Florido Paganelli
   ARC Middleware Developer - NorduGrid Collaboration
   System Administrator
 Lund University
 Department of Physics
 Division of Particle Physics
 BOX118
 221 00 Lund
 Office Tel: 046-2220272
 Email: florido.paganelli at REMOVE_THIShep.lu.se
 Homepage: http://www.hep.lu.se/staff/paganelli