[glue-wg] FW: Change Doc Root element name in GLUE2 XML rendering

stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Oct 21 10:48:27 EDT 2013

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On
> Behalf Of david.meredith at stfc.ac.uk said:
> I was going to mention this quickly at tomorrows WG meeting in the AOB.
> I prefer GLUE not GLUE2.  I think versioning info should be restricted
> to the XSD namespace and not used to define element names.

Usually I would agree with that (I made the same comment about interface names). However here things are a bit different, because GLUE 1 and GLUE 2 are radically different and incompatible, but may nevertheless need to coexist, albeit perhaps not in XML. My general assumption would be that there will probably never be a GLUE 3 and if there were it would be similarly incompatible, although the future is always hard to predict ...