[glue-wg] Extending GLUE 2.0 for Cloud services

stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Nov 5 09:58:08 EST 2013

Salvatore Pinto [mailto:salvatore.pinto at egi.eu] said:
> The underlying physical storage may be shared by different types of
> objects, while the endpoints usually are dedicated to a particular
> object type (Grid Endpoints usually serve files and streams, EBS is
> served via OCCI and generic objects via CDMI), so I tough it was better
> to place it in the Endpoint.

To the extent that the type is implicit in the protocol, e.g. SRM = file, you don't necessarily need an extra attribute at all, and you also have the Capability attribute for things which are relatively generic - we already have data.access.flatfiles for example. Also in the Share we have an AccessMode attribute - for which I think we don't actually have a use at the moment!