[glue-wg] Extending GLUE 2.0 for Cloud services

Salvatore Pinto salvatore.pinto at egi.eu
Tue Nov 5 09:48:46 EST 2013

Hi Steven,

On 05/11/2013 14:20, stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk wrote:
> Salvatore Pinto [mailto:salvatore.pinto at egi.eu] said:
>> * Add to StorageEndpoint element the following attribute:
> Is that really a property of the endpoint rather than the service as a whole or the storage itself (Share)?
yes, I was also not sure on where to place this.

The underlying physical storage may be shared by different types of
objects, while the endpoints usually are dedicated to a particular
object type (Grid Endpoints usually serve files and streams, EBS is
served via OCCI and generic objects via CDMI), so I tough it was better
to place it in the Endpoint.

>> * Add to StorageShare the following attributes:
> In fact we had min and max sizes in GLUE 1, but they were removed because they were never used - if there's a clear requirement there should be no problem in restoring them.
perfect :)
> Stephen

Cheers,
   Salvatore.

--
Salvatore Pinto
Cloud Technologist, EGI.eu
e-mail: salvatore.pinto at egi.eu
skype: salvatore.pinto0
Science Park 140, Amsterdam, The Netherlands