[glue-wg] Extending GLUE 2.0 for Cloud services

stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Dec 4 11:26:07 EST 2013

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On
> Behalf Of JP Navarro said:
> My view, which may not match how others see things, is
> that two version numbers is all we need, and incremental numbers within
> the 2.x series simply signify sequential document version and do not
> indicate the significance of the changes between each version.
> Significant and possibly incompatible changes would produce 3.0.

That's certainly what we did with GLUE 1. It takes so long to agree and deploy any update at all that there isn't really any concept of a minor change. We also need to bear that in mind for the cloud discussion - whatever is agreed needs to be good for at least 2-3 years, people shouldn't think that we can easily change it if it turns out to have flaws, and the only changes which can be made at all are pretty much restricted to new attributes or completely new entities.