[glue-wg] New version of the GLUE proposal for cloud

Salvatore Pinto salvatore.pinto at egi.eu
Tue Dec 3 03:31:32 EST 2013

Dear GLUE WG,
following the many comments, I re-shaped the proposal of the GLUE
extension to represent Cloud Services.

I removed the new storage elements proposed, since, as Paul pointed,
Grid and Cloud Storage are quite similar concepts and in the end the
difference is just a matter of nomenclature (files vs data-objects) and
service Capabilities. Anyway, I am proposing some small changes to the
storage entities and their description, which are highlighted in the
document.

I have also named the new proposal "GLUE 2.1", since, in my opinion, I
think it is not an extension anymore but a new minor version, but we can
discuss about that and the other changes in the teleconference this evening.

Cheers,
   Salvatore.

--
Salvatore Pinto
Cloud Technologist, EGI.eu
e-mail: salvatore.pinto at egi.eu
skype: salvatore.pinto0
Science Park 140, Amsterdam, The Netherlands