[glue-wg] Summary of changes in LDAP GLUE2 rendering as requested in last meeting

Balazs Konya balazs.konya at hep.lu.se
Wed Sep 19 05:45:07 EDT 2012

Dear Stephen,

I'd like to make my usual comment that somehow always gets forgotten :(

On 9/19/2012 11:16 AM, stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk wrote:
>> The following open questions arised during the review, and we would like
>> the group to discuss them:
>
> I think discussing these is pointless, they were decided, implemented and
> deployed long ago, so it's much too late to reopen them.

as far as i know this is the first real review of the old draft. the original
version was prepared in a big hurry by a single technology provider (glite team)
and unfortunately it never received the proper attention of other players.

what we have as of Today is an old draft NOT corresponding to the sever-side
implementations out in production and a review made by NorduGrid. I wouldn't
claim that there is an OGF WG agreement over the glue ldap rendering.

But, the most important thing is this: fortunately glue 2 ldap is only deployed
on the server side, there are publishers with glue2 data out BUT very little if
none has happened on the information consuming side: it is still the right time
to fix the problems that came up during the implementation phase.

>  If Nordugrid want to
> develop a completely new implementation they should start a new document.

no, nordugrid does not want to develop a new implementation. nordugrid would
like to clean up the ldap rendering and submit a consistent redndering document
for OGF standardization.

bye,
Balazs