[glue-wg] JSON rendering

Shiraz Memon a.memon at fz-juelich.de
Thu Oct 4 05:24:30 EDT 2012

Hi Warren,

I think there was at least one other project that created their own JSON rendering. Is mine in the same ballpark as yours?

Not exactly, the way we use is bit more "flattened" where each attribute is prepended with the owning entity/class name and an underscore; e.g. Endpoint_ID. Since the scope within EMIR is limited to address the endpoints only, therefore we didn't care about other glue 2 entities. To get more insight, have a look into my slides from last OGF[1].

Are there folks interested in defining an official JSON rendering?

Yes, having JSON rendering for glue 2 would be more than nice to have for non-XML based services. If possible, I would recommend to have a slot in GLUE session at ogf 36 to kick-start this activity.

I had a short glimpse over your documents, and got slightly concerned about representing all the entities (while considering the glue 2 spec.) in a single json document for the future standard rendering, thus going to make it very complex and prone to validation errors. Wouldn't that be simplified if for every (or at least major) glue entity/class to be defined in a separate JSON document. This surely won't hamper the developers from using the merged documents.

[1] http://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf_files/145?download=

Cheers,
Shiraz

Warren