[glue-wg] JSON rendering

Warren Smith wsmith at tacc.utexas.edu
Tue Oct 2 09:49:33 EDT 2012

Before I forget, I thought I'd send out a couple example documents for the JSON rendering that I'm using for a distributed testbed called FutureGrid. I'm advocating that we switch to JSON for XSEDE, but XSEDE has a fair amount of momentum with XML from TeraGrid and a couple of the new tools we're deploying, so we'll see.

Similar to the TeraGrid XML rendering, the style of this rendring is "flat". There are two documents because sensitive information (ComputingActivities that have user names) is placed in a separate document that can be protected while the non-sensitive information is available to anyone in the other document.

I think there was at least one other project that created their own JSON rendering. Is mine in the same ballpark as yours? Are there folks interested in defining an official JSON rendering?

Warren