[glue-wg] Endpoint.TrustedCA and ComputingEndpoint.TrustedCA Inconsistency in GFD147

Florido Paganelli florido.paganelli at hep.lu.se
Fri Nov 2 05:27:00 EDT 2012

On 2012-11-01 21:01, JP Navarro wrote:
> An ideal design might be to support named collections of CAs where
> any number of services across an entire federation can reference
> these named collections.  A detailed description of what is in a
> named collections would only need to exist in one place within a
> federation.
>
> First I think it's important to confirm that we indeed have NO uses
> for this today. Does anyone know of any?

ARC clients heavily rely on that.
Moreover, is bad if we don't clearly define what these strings *mean*. A
client willing to understand what the string it founds here means must
be able to do it in an automatical an algorothmical way. Otherwise the
information there would be labeled as unclear/unrelevant.

Of course one can always try to "kamikaze" submit to any endpoint it
finds. I personally don't find it very performing, and I also think it
basically makes our contribution (GLUE2 as a pillar of infosys) useless
if we don't clarify these things in a open and accessible way.

> Second I would propose that we open up the floor to proposed
> solutions.  Discussing a proposed solution, and even coming to a
> consensus, doesn't mean we have to change the current GLUE 2
> specification.

I agree, that's why I was proposing to fit that in rendering documents.

> The community can first try to implement a consensus
> solution, or multiple solutions, and at some future point decide
> which of these we want to integrate into a future GLUE2 revision.

Sound good

> In short, we need to confirm we aren't breaking any known uses and
> implementations while we explore solutions.

The current situation *breaks* EMI-ES implementation, unfortunately,
unless we give a clear definition.

See my first post.

Cheers,
Florido.