[glue-wg] GLUE WG teleconference reminder, Wednesday, May 16, 2012

JP Navarro navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 15 11:28:37 EDT 2012

Greetings Glue WG,

Coordinates and agenda for tomorrow's GLUE WG teleconference follow:

Coordinates:
: Wednesday, May 16, 2012
: 15:00-16:00 PM Central European Time (CET), 9:00-10:00 AM US Eastern Time (EST)

Teleconference and screen sharing:
: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/ogf-glue-wg/ (Adobe Connect)
: Login as Guest using your real name

Agenda:
1) Proposal by David Meredith to introduce Service and Endpoint substitution groups (20 minutes)
   Discussion points:
   a) What are the benefits for using substitution groups?
   b) Should we apply this design to Service and Endpoint elements only, or also to other key elements?
   c) Next steps: Integrate this proposal in the XML rendering document? Any other next steps?

2) Finalizing an XML rendering agreement (20 minutes)
   Discussion points:
   a) What are the benefits of globalizing elements?
   b) Which elements do we want to globalize, should we make all significant elements root elements?
   c) How to represent cross-references/associations for globalized elements?
   Background material:
   - Globalized schema: https://github.com/OGF-GLUE/XSD/blob/master/schema/GLUE2.xsd
   - TeraGrid/XSEDE schema: https://github.com/OGF-GLUE/XSD/blob/master/schema/teragrid_glue_2.0_r01.xsd

3) Other proposed/outstanding GLUE2 changes (10 minutes)
   a) EGI service name and type values. What is the goal? Where do we record agreements on Enumerated values?
   b) Are there other attributes that we need a consistent enumeration for?

4) Future meetings (10 minutes)
   OGF 35 in Delft, Sunday, June 17, 13:30-15:00, room 1.180
   Other agenda items besides discussing each of the above 3 topics?

   Should we plan to hold more teleconferences?
   Teleconference to prepare for OGF 35 the week of May 29 thru June 1?

See you tomorrow,

Shiraz Memon
JP Navarro