[glue-wg] Issue with several ServiceTypes, "modal" operation

stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Jul 5 06:06:29 EDT 2012

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org
> [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On Behalf Of Florido Paganelli said:
> I think is a GLUE2 WG task to understand, if not describe and propose,
> how these values can be used in a nice way.
>
> What's your opinion on that?

So far I don't think we have a good idea of what use cases the ServiceType should support, i.e. under what circumstances would you query for a specific Type? For a computing service you can get every instance with objectclass=GLUE2ComputingService (or equivalent in xml), and if you want to use a specific protocol you can query by the EndpointInterfaceName, so I'm not sure when you would want something intermediate. If the GOC DB does have a practical use case it may be that that should drive what we publish - I agree that it would seem strange if the GOC DB uses different Types.