[glue-wg] Endpoints and ComputingService, relationships between services. Some thoughs

Etienne URBAH urbah at lal.in2p3.fr
Mon Aug 20 07:17:03 EDT 2012

Florido,

Concerning the publication of 2 RELATED services using the GLUE 2.0
schema and its XML rendering(s) :

I suggest to :

-  begin by searching solutions at the conceptual level using the GLUE
2.0 schema,

-  and only then to look for practical solutions using an XML rendering.

GLUE 2.0 schema
---------------
It is easy to define 1 single Endpoint exposing 2 Services.

Any information consumer will then know that these 2 Services are
somehow related, and the precise relationship may be inferred from :

-  the respective values of the Capability Attribute for the 2 Services
:  For example 'security.delegation' and 'executionmanagement.jobmanager',

-  the value of 1 occurrence of the Service.ID value of one Service :
This value is the ID of the other Service.

So, the GLUE 2.0 schema seems to permit the above solution.

XML renderings
-  A flat XML rendering, having NO presupposed hierarchy, should permit
the practical implementation of the above solution.

-  Any XML rendering having a presupposed hierarchy is a conceptual
mistake.  Your example is a clear Use Case proving this.

Best regards.

Etienne URBAH         LAL, Univ Paris-Sud, IN2P3/CNRS
                       Bat 200   91898 ORSAY    France
Tel: +33 1 64 46 84 87      Skype: etienne.urbah
Mob: +33 6 22 30 53 27      mailto:urbah at lal.in2p3.fr