[glue-wg] Endpoints and ComputingService, relationships between services. Some thoughs

stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Aug 20 06:51:30 EDT 2012

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On
> Behalf Of Florido Paganelli said:
> Suppose the same machine hosts two RELATED services, that is, one needs
> the other one for proper functionality. For example a delegation
> service is needed to submit a job to a job execution service.

This sounds to me like *one* Service with two different types of Endpoint. For example a VOMS server can have voms endpoints to return credentials and voms-admin endpoints to manage VO membership, but they both talk to the same database so there is only one Service. This is the biggest structural change from GLUE 1 to 2 - in GLUE 1 there are only GlueService objects representing endpoints, but in GLUE 2 we introduced the Service concept exactly so they could be grouped together if they provide a shared functionality.